Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Alloy Sinai Desert 1/2 x 4 Stacked Glass Tile
This beautiful stone mosaic blend of this polished and matte in beige, metallic peach glass with light emperador leaves the room contemporary and modern. The color is painted on the back of the tile so it will not scratch or chip the color off. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility.
- Chip Size
- 1/2x4 Stacked
- Sheet Size
- Beige, Metallic Peach
- Glass + Light emperador
- Polished + Matte
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
In old England, a whistle was baked into the rim or handle of ceramic cups used by pub patrons. When they wanted a refill, they used the whistle to get service. So when people went drinking, they would "wet their whistle."
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 4 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreGorgeous tile! Matches my current tile colorway and will enhance the look.Kathleen H on Aug 2, 2016Perfect match (as backsplash tile) for Cambria Canterbury quartz countertops!I V on Apr 14, 2015Gorgeous tile! Matches my current tile colorway and will enhance the look.Kathleen H on Aug 2, 2016i like the contemporary styling - it is stacked also liked the color. I am a designer and wanted to use this on an earlier project. Now I am getting a chance to use it on a new design.L A on Jun 4, 2015i like the contemporary styling - it is stacked also liked the color. I am a designer and wanted to use this on an earlier project. Now I am getting a chance to use it on a new design.L A on Jun 4, 2015How do you clean mosaic tile ?BEST ANSWER: Depends on the mosaic. For this particular mosaic, one should use a wet cloth with either water or a light amount of vinegar. Acidic substances should be kept away.
Substrate: Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout. Installation:
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations. A second option is regular tile wall glue.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes. Once set in place gently tap using a grout float to insure full bedding and a true surface.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- When grout is completely cured a grout sealer should be applied as recommended by manufacturer.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release (Super-Tek Grout Release), then grout the tile, then use a sealant ( Fila MP90)to the tile.