Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Alloy Iceland 1/2 x 4 Stacked Glass Tile
This beautiful stone mosaic blend of this polished and matte in seafoam green, metallic seafoam green and super white glass with silver quartz leaves the room contemporary and modern. The color is painted on the back of the tile so it will not scratch or chip the color off. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility.
- Chip Size
- 1/2x4 Stacked
- Sheet Size
- 12x11 3/4
- Seafoam Green, Super White
- Glass + Silver Quartz
- Polished + Matte
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
The bill for a celebration party for the 55 drafters of the US Constitution was for 54 bottles of Madeira, 60 bottles of claret, 8 bottles of whiskey, 22 bottles of port, 8 bottles of hard cider, 12 beers and seven bowls of alcohol punch large enough that "ducks could swim in them."
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 10 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar Storebeautiful combination of color and just right amount of glow. It also fits well with our countertop and wall color.Chiungwen C on Sep 29, 2015Where is this tile made?BEST ANSWER: I have no idea, but a friend told me she thought she saw it also at Home Depot. I was happy buying it at Tilebar because it was delivered to my door. I didn't have to carry it home and up stairs.
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.