Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Alloy Golden Gate 1/2" x Random Glass and Stone Tile
The blend of stone and glass in this handsome mosaic is reminiscent of a brick facade, albeit a very chic and sophisticated one. You'll love the subtle injection of color into your kitchen or bathroom with it's sleek mix of red and cream marble. Backed with mesh to make installation simple as can be, it also allows each tile to be rearranged for even more design options. The color is painted on the back of the tile so it will not scratch or chip off.
Please note that we use naturally occurring stones therefore variations in color, pattern, texture and veining will occur.
This tile is not suitable for pool or shower installation.
- Chip Size
- 1/2" x Random
- Sheet Size
- 12" x13"
- Cream, Red, Beige
- Glass & Marble
- Polish Wavy + Frosted
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
"A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." - W. C. Fields
Substrate: Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Glass tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. See manufacturer’s recommendation on a membrane for crack and water protection that is compatible with the setting material you are using. Glass is reflective therefore any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation. For pools and fountains we recommend installing a mortar bed according to TCA P601-98. EXPANSION AND CONTROL JOINTS PER TCA EJ171-05 Expansion joints should be installed at all “changes in plane” in the tile work and where tile abuts restraining surfaces, therefore silicone caulking sealant must be installed in all corner joints in place of grout. Installation:
- To avoid affecting the color of glass tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations. A second option is regular tile wall glue.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer. Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes. Once set in place gently tap using a grout float to insure full bedding and a true surface.
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- When grout is completely cured a grout sealer should be applied as recommended by manufacturer.
- It is recommended to use non-sanded grout.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile.