Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Alloy Deco Surf Gray 5/8" x 5/8" Glass and Stone Tile
Bring a sleek and modern feel to any room with this artful blend of painted silver decos, frosted and polished gray glass and natural stone. For those who don't want something too dark or something too light, this mosaic masterpiece is just right. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be easily separated, which adds to their design flexibility. ** Exposure to moisture will cause metallic paint to discolor. Not suitable for outdoor, pool or shower installation. **
- Chip Size
- 5/8” x 5/8”
- Sheet Size
- 12” x 12”
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Iridescent + Gray + Metallic Silver + Painted Silver Foil
- Glass + Marble
- 8 mm
- Residential Use
- Wall Only
- Commercial Use
- Wall only
Shaken or Stirred?
Pilsner Urquell, the original pilsner, still uses the same recipe and brewing process today as when the beer was first invented in 1842.
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 11 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreIt's beautiful and not expensive. the intricate detail is amazing and makes it so great to match in my bathroom!barbara h on Jun 16, 2017matched our granite color and patternLaura I on Aug 15, 2015It's beautiful and not expensive. the intricate detail is amazing and makes it so great to match in my bathroom!barbara h on Jun 16, 2017I see in the description that the metallic tiles will discolor when exposed to moisture. I would like to use it as an accent in the shower. Would this be a problem?BEST ANSWER: That's a good question. I have as a backsplash in my kitchen, not quite as humid. They are lovely and rustic. I imagine the metallic paint and the fact that some are dichroic could potentially cause them to discolor. I wouldn't use harsh detergents. You could do a test art piece around a mirror or something that is covered with spray sealer in your bathroom for a time (6 months +) to see if it discolors. I can say I am completely satisfied with mine and if they age a little, even better. Best, Valerie
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.