Printing tear sheetClick here to close this tab and return to where you were.
Alloy Deco Chalkboard 5/8" x 5/8" Glass and Stone Tile
If you want a tile that will blend into your decor, but also make a statement of your own, you have found it in this shining example. A mix of frosted glass in black, metallic silver, pewter and painted foil, the effect is a dizzying display of light and dark. Covering the wall as a kitchen back splash or the surround of the fireplace, you will feel as if you're surrounded by a starry midnight sky. The mesh backing not only simplifies installation, it also allows the tiles to be separated which adds to their design flexibility. Exposure to moisture will cause metallic paint to discolor. Not suitable for outdoor, pool or shower installation
- Chip Size
- 5/8” x 5/8”
- Sheet Size
- 12” x 12”
- 1 Sq. Ft.
- Pewter Painted Foil, Black + Metallic Silver + Iridescent
- Glass + Marble
- 8 mm
Shaken or Stirred?
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world. --Kaiser Welhelm
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 6 answersWhy did you choose this?TileBar StoreNeeded something for backsplash to go with my new Volga Blue granite countertops . Found this tile and it's perfect!Elaine B on Dec 19, 2016great accent pieceJanet H on Jul 23, 2016Needed something for backsplash to go with my new Volga Blue granite countertops . Found this tile and it's perfect!Elaine B on Dec 19, 2016
Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Tile should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. If used in a wet area you must waterproof. Tile must be sealed.INSTALLATION
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set such as Bostik Glass Mate is highly is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
- Use Non-Sanded grout
- Grout joints should be packed full and free of voids and pits.
- Clean excess grout as the work progresses before it has hardens completely.
- Acids should never be used for cleaning grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- It is recommended to use grout release, then grout the tile, then use a sealant to the tile such as our MP90
- Highly recommended to purchase the Glass & Stone Installation/Maintenance Kit - http://www.TileBar.com/collection/tiling-supplies/glass-stone-tile-maintenance-package.html
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.